About the Journal
Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science (JAPS) is a monthly, international, open access, journal dedicated to various disciplines of pharmaceutical and allied sciences. JAPS publishes manuscripts (Original research and review articles Mini-reviews, Short communication) on original work, either experimental or theoretical in the following areas;
- Pharmaceutics & Biopharmaceutics
- Novel & Targeted Drug Delivery
- Nanotechnology & Nanomedicine
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmacognosy & Ethnobotany
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology & Microbiology
- Pharmacy practice & Hospital Pharmacy
- Natural Product Research
- Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Case Study & Full clinical trials
- Biomaterials & Bioactive polymers
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Pharmacy
- Open Access Policy
- Peer-review Policy
- Waiver Policy
- Copyright policies
- Author Self-Archiving policies
- Publication ethics and malpractice statement
- Plagiarism Policy
- CrossMark Policy
- Digital Preservation
- Retraction policy
Open Access Policy
In order to ensure the maximum exposure of JAPS contents, we adopted the open access policy, meaning that;
- All the articles published in JAPS are made freely accessible online immediately after publication in an easily readable format, without any subscription or registration barrier.
- All the published articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, full details of which can be found here.
- Articles can be shared and adapted, provided the attribution for the work is given and that the work is not used for commercial purposes.
- The journal also allows the authors to self-archive final accepted version of the articles on any OAI-compliant institutional/subject based repository.
All the manuscripts submitted to JAPS will be subjected to double blinded peer review process;
- The manuscript will be reviewed by three suitable experts in respective subject area. The reports of all the reviewers will be considered while deciding on acceptance/revision or rejection of a manuscript.
- Editor-In-Chief will make the final decision, based on reviewer’s comments.
- EIC can ask the one or more advisory board members for their suggestions upon a manuscript, before making the final decision.
- Associate editor and review editors provide the administrative support to maintain the integrity of peer review process.
- In case, authors challenge editor's negative decision with suitable arguments, the manuscript can be sent to one more reviewer and the final decision will be made based upon his recommendations.
Note: Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science is a member of World association of Medical Editors. Please click here for more details about peer review and editorial policies.
JAPS may grant the partial/full waiver in article processing charges to the authors those are unable to pay the APCs due to financial restriction. Only the authors from low income countries can apply for waiver. Waiver is applicable for one article per year for each submitting author.
Please send your waiver requests to email@example.com
All the articles published in JAPS are distributed under a creative commons license. The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright of their work (all usages allowed except for commercial purpose).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for permissions related to commercial use of the article(s).
Author Self-Archiving Policy
JAPS is an RoMEO green journal. The journal allows the authors to self-archive pre-print, post print and publisher's version of the articles in any OAI-compliant repository.
Authors should ensure the originality of their contents, while preparing a manuscript draft. In case the authors have used the work and/or words of others this must be appropriately cited or quoted. All the articles submitted to JAPS shall be screened for plagiarism using iThenticate (online plagiarism detection software). In case, plagiarism is detected during review/editorial process, such manuscript(s) will be rejected immediately. If the plagiarism is proven after publication, such manuscript(s) will be retracted from the journal and appropriate announcement will be placed in this regards. We can also consider appropriate action against authors depending upon the seriousness of the case. It includes;
- Debarring the authors from publication in future.
- We can bring such instants in notice of author's funding agencies, author's institutes (where they works) and to the original authors whose work has been plagiarized.
COPE flow charts (please follow below link) shall also be considered while dealing with plagiarism complaints.
JAPS follows the COPE Retraction Guidelines. (Link: http://publicationethics.org/files/retraction%20guidelines_0.pdf)
All the contents published in JAPS are archived in Portico (an E-Journal Preservation Service), which provides permanent digital archiving for scholarly journals.
Complaints and appeals
Authors & readers can submit their complaints/appeal to editor or the publisher of the journal through email or through the complaint form provided on contact us page. All the complaint will assign a unique complaint number by the publisher. Authors/reader can use complaint number for further follow up.
The author(s) of each article appearing in this Journal is/are solely responsible for the content thereof; neither the Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science nor its editors or publisher or anyone else involved in creating, producing or distribution assumes any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information provided in the Journal, nor shall they be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of the Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science.